Adapt Drinks is very excited to announce the launch of our second flavour - Lemon Myrtle. Lemon Myrtle is a quintessentially Australian bush flavour. It is lemony and tangy, with a pleasing lingering eucalyptus after taste.
Adapt Drinks Lemon Myrtle is a refreshing and crisp sparkling adaptogenic drink. It has hints of lemon, lime and lemongrass with a delicate citral note. The flavour profile has a light sweetness and is cooling on the palate.
The Lemon Myrtle Tree
Lemon myrtle (backhousia citriodora) has been used by Indigenous Australians for over 40,000 years for a variety of uses from flavouring food to medicinal purposes. It is one of the highest known natural sources of citral which has been shown to demonstrate anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects by reducing inflammation biomarkers.
Lemon myrtle is a rainforest tree native to subtropical Queensland but it can grow as a shrub in the cooler southern states. The lemon myrtle has dark green leaves, with white flower bunches in the summer.
The leaves of the lemon myrtle tree are used in a variety of forms - fresh, dried and its oil once extracted from the leaves. Lemon myrtle is one of the most popular Australian native foods as it is prized for its high citral content – 98%, as opposed to lemongrass (75%) and verbena (74%) and signature fresh sweet lemon flavour.
Lemon Myrtle Sparkling Adaptogenic Drink
Adapt Drinks Relax is a non alcoholic, zero sugar, all natural, sparkling adaptogenic drink designed to help you unwind and relax. Our Lemon Myrtle flavour contains our key functional ingredients:
- Schisandra berry extract - is an adaptogenic herb. It is a performance enhancer that has been shown to help reduce anxiety and cortisol.
- Panax ginseng extract - is an adaptogenic herb. It has been shown to be effective for improving mood, immunity, and cognition.
- L-Theanine - is an amino acid that is not common in the diet that promotes relaxation without drowsiness. Studies have also shown L-theanine reduces stress and anxiety when you are experiencing stressful situations and also helps improve your sleep!
- Monk fruit juice (from concentrate) - is a natural, plant-based sweetener that does not contain fructose or glucose. It has zero sugar and zero calories.
- Citric acid - is a natural preservative.
Plus these flavouring extracts:
- Lemon myrtle extract - has been used by Indigenous Australians for 40,000 years for a variety of uses from flavouring food to medicinal purposes. It is one of the highest known natural sources of citral which has been shown to demonstrate anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects by reducing inflammation biomarkers.
- Safflower extract - is a fast-growing annual herb that has been used traditionally in many cultures to flavour and colour food.
Adapt Drinks Relax is the perfect drink to have at the end of your work day or the end of a long day with the kids when you feel like a drink to help take the edge off but want to avoid alcohol.
Click here to order your delicious Lemon Myrtle Sparkling Adaptogenic Drink and have it delivered to your door!